Packing the basics for your coast vacation
Packing for your Oregon Coast vacation requires a bit of common sense. Weather at the beach can be unpredictable at any time of year. Being informed will help you enjoy your visit.
The List: 25 Must Have Items for your Oregon Coast Vacation
- Warm hat
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants
- Sturdy shoes for walking on rocks (tide pooling)
- Rubber boots (for crossing rivulets running into the ocean)
- Fleece jacket or sweater for layering
- Rain/wind coat
- Hair tie (in case it is windy on the beach)
- Chap Stick
- Water and snacks
- Doggy bags if you have a dog
- Tide Schedule – Beach Safety awareness (available at Visitor Center or your lodging location)
- Cash and/or charge card (in case you decide to walk to town for a refreshment)
- A bag to collect shells, rocks, small pieces of driftwood – or trash, if that is your choice (the tide deposits small pieces of plastic debris that is harmful for birds and ocean critters)
- Flip-flops or sandals
- Waterproof coat
- Rain/wind pants
- Long underwear (if you plan to go hiking)
- Hiking Boots
Some things about….
Summer at the Central Oregon Coast
Summer mornings can be foggy and cool. Thus, you will appreciate having long pants and a sweater to keep warm until the sun burns off the fog. Likewise, windy days can cause even a high temperature prediction to fall short of the mark. Always take at least one set of warm clothes when you visit in the summer, including a sweater or fleece jacket.
Winter at the Central Oregon Coast
Outdoors in winter requires a coat, hat and gloves, preferably waterproof if you plan to spend much time out walking or hiking. Watching wild waves crash against the rocky shore after ocean storms is a favorite and rewarding pastime for winter visitors.
Spring and Fall at the Central Oregon Coast
Weather in Spring and Fall are anyone’s guess. One thing to keep in mind during these transition periods; be prepared for rain.
Remember to pack sunscreen, especially spring, summer and fall. You can get burned even if the sun is hidden behind clouds all day. Once, on a cold and foggy day, I experienced painful burned rings around my shins where my socks didn’t quite reach up to my leggings!
25 Must Have Items for your Oregon Coast Vacation
Whatever season you visit the Central Oregon Coast the above list of 25 must have items will help you enjoy your visit as you make happy memories!
Is a trip to the Central Oregon Coast on your bucket list this year? If so, Yachats is a charming coastal town that is laid back and relaxing. Check out our Sea Anemone vacation home in Yachats to see if our house is a good fit for your family, ocean view included at no extra cost. We are a 2 minute walk to the 804 Trail for easy strolls along the beach. Where is your favorite place to watch waves in Yachats?
Our house, where memories begin…